18 April 2013

That time of the year.

First off, welcome to my new blog. I figured I should follow the recent trend of my friends getting blogs in order to stop myself growing crazy over the next 6 months off. Maybe it will do the complete opposite? Who knows. I'll be posting about random things that should relate to you, so stick around.  Those who read this (thanks Mum), feel free to drop me your blog and I'll follow you.

Now then, the following topic should apply to all of you.

That time of the year.

You know, when academic duties are finished and your brain is released of all duties to function. Everyone has been there. Previously I've been able to sit on my ass all day and play Call of Duty but I rarely play games anymore- to the extent that my x-box isn't even set up. 

-an empty 'asda' cocopops box 

I even keep my oil in my room. The risk of a £1.39 bottle of sunflower oil is too much of a risk to leave in my kitchen. Yes, life of a student gets that bad.

The prospect of a boring summer wouldn't be that bad if my old manager didn't adios to the Midlands, resulting in a new kitchen manager who looked along the lines of this:



She listened to metallica all shift. You're building up a stereotype pretty quickly, aren't you? Fatty released me of my prohibition period because I said I didn't want all the hours (35 of them). Not performance based, I might add! I had 3rd best times out of 7 staff. Yeah the money was good, but most of it went on eating out and the Jack Wills Outlet. F$%k.

Back on topic.

So I was wondering: what am I going to do this summer? I'm living away from home the majority of this summer in my house (cannot face walking around old faces for 6 months), so I can't exactly have the simple luxuries of watching Sky's 'How It's Made' all day whilst eating out of date crisps all day.

The days.

No. I need to find another job and I should probably take up some hobbies. I need to learn C++ (a programming language) and I should probably start cutting down so I look semi-reasonable for my holiday in La Manga, Spain. I keep looking online for tips and tricks but I know what I need to do, I just can rarely find the effort. This applies to you too, and you know it. Football Manager is traditionally a good time-killer; the football season ends in just over a month and I usually get withdrawal symptoms, resulting in working my way into the 2314/15 season; however, this is money. Money I don't have.

So then- summer awaits and I'm anticipating a fairly boring one. Most of my friends will go home and after July I'll barely get to see my girlfriend. Nice, optimistic writing, eh? I hope I'm wrong, though. Summer is about garden parties, sunnies, shorts and a cold pint with added ice. Something that would top off an already-good 2013. Let's hope it doesn't disappoint. 



No comments:

Post a Comment