24 April 2013

Finalised my house today.

Earlier I set up a standing order for my house and I can't get my head around how weird that actually is. I haven't had a problem moving to halls because, well, it's not a house- it's a box. With a house it's different.

Next time I go back to that estate agents on the 1st of July I'll have my key. We've already sorted out who has which room and I've ended up with the bottom lower; I've had big rooms and ground floor rooms in the past and I haven't had a problem with them, so I was easy enough to fit in!

We're all looking forward to the house. We asked if we can strip and paint the walls and it turns out we can (for the record, two-tone wallpaper is never a good option), so that's another job for the summer. We are also planning on having a garden party ASAP, so it's all looking up.

Moving in may prove to be difficult. There's around 5/6 parallel roads that are full of student houses, so around 4/500 houses I'd assume. That's a lot of free parking. Not. I was thinking about putting my things in storage for one night, simply because moving in when everyone else does will be manic.

I was thinking about getting a 4ft plant in my room for oxygen and freshness. I love that fresh smell, having recently invested in a bedside plant. A little bit of life in the room is nice. I'm going to paint my room walls a plain white colour so it looks bright. My future could be decided in this room, so I need it to be nice and fresh! I've seen plant in IKEA for around £30, so when I move in I will definitely invest.

In other news, the past few days have been nice. 17 degrees nice. Shorts weather. I've realised I've bought 3 pairs of shorts since the turn of the year and I haven't even worn them yet, so I'm glad I now have that chance. You watch, it will probably snow next week!

I finish Uni lectures on the 10th of may, so roughly 2 weeks. Absolutely crazy. When I was told that degrees go fast, I didn't believe them. How naive! The only test I have is on the 22nd (ish) of May, so I finish relatively early. Let the boredom commence.

Stay tuned for more updates.



1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your own space! You must be looking forward to the move, and I am sure that you will settle in quickly.

    Enjoy your long summer vacation. It will go fast, you wait and see. And remember that you have a lot of years ahead when you will most probably not be able to have such a long stretch of freedom again because you will be holding down a job, so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete